SHARYLAND EDUCATION FOUNDATION MAN AND WOMAN OF THE YEAR
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The procedure for nominating and selecting the Man and Woman of the Year shall be as follows:
1. There must be a nominator who will submit a nomination in writing on a form provided and approved by the selection committee to include the relevant information about the nominee. To prevent the process from being a “popularity contest,” the committee will be charged to base their decision on the information provided in the nomination submitted, not on the personal knowledge that they might or might not have of the nominee.
2. The nominator shall submit their name, address, and phone number in case the selection committee should need additional information.
3. The nominator would be any member of the Sharyland Education Foundation (excluding selection committee) and final selection be made by the selection committee.
4. The selection will be made on the basis of all around contributions to the community, not just for extraordinary performance in the individual’s business or employment. The nominee should have a consistent track record of accomplishments rather than being honored for a single act of merit; although a single contribution or achievement is not ruled out if it is of sufficient importance.
5. The term “community” as used above should be taken to relate to the “area” served by the Sharyland school district.
6. Those currently holding a political office (other than school board) should not be eligible for nomination.
Sharyland ISD Man & Woman of the Year